Warm weather is here and it’s time to get started on your tree care and home landscaping projects for the year. This means taking care of existing plant life, as well as adding new features that can help you best enjoy outdoor living at home. Here are some ways to spruce up your yard this spring to make it more beautiful and functional.
- Remove Fall and Winter Remnants – Rake any fallen leaves, branches, or other debris from your lawn and note any bare patches where grass did not survive the winter.
- Have Trees Inspected – Trees are known to shed small branches during winter, but if you found yourself filling numerous bags with fallen sticks or you noticed some of your trees aren’t in the best shape, have a professional tree specialist come out and take a look.
- Prune Shrubs – Bushes and shrubs need pruning after winter to encourage new growth in springtime and make them more shapely and visually appealing in your yard.
- Stain the Deck. Experts suggest staining a wood deck at least once per year to keep it looking clean and new. Spring is the perfect time to stain – as long as you pick a day without a rainy weather forecast – since the weather is warmer and debris is less likely to fall on your deck.
- Add Grass Seed – Remember those bald spots you noted in your yard when you were raking? Patch them up by aerating, spreading grass seed, and ensuring the spots get plenty of water.
- Plant Flowers – If your yard is looking pretty bare or lacks color this spring (aside from the fresh greens), consider planting easy-to-maintain flowers like geraniums and petunias to give it a more vibrant look.
- Water, Water, Everywhere! – Due to the cold temperatures and harsh weather conditions of winter, your lawn and plant life are thirsting for nourishment and moisture in the spring. With the weather being so unpredictable in Maryland throughout the year, your greenery may not be getting enough water naturally, so be sure to water your lawn, trees, shrubs, and flowers to ensure proper growth and beauty.
Get Help from Maryland Tree Care Experts
Looking for a professional to help keep your trees in their best shape and looking beautiful all year long? At Nelson Tree Specialist, we are experts in tree care and offer plenty of specialty arborist services including:
- Tree trimming
- Crown thinning
- Tree structure evaluations
- Crane services
- Tree pruning
- Stump grinding
- Tree topping
- Dead wood removal
- Tree removal
Our arborists are here to provide Maryland homeowners with the proper and professional tree care services they need to maintain a beautiful home exterior. Give us a call today to get started!